Limited Commercial Landscape Maintenance (LCLM)
Nassau County Extension Office information on Limited Commercial Landscape Maintenance classes and testing (2008 LCLM Requirements)
2016 LCLM Schedule
- Class: Limited Commercial Landscape Maintenance
Topics will include Pesticide Formulation and Common Diseases and Disorders of Ornamental plants with plenty of hands-on activities.
Date: Friday, May 27 8:00AM-Noon
Location: Yulee Satellite Office, 86026 Pages Dairy Road, Yulee. It is best not to use GPS.
Directions: Take 17N, turn left on Pages Dairy Rd.; turn left into the fire station #30 parking lot, go to the middle of the building.
Instructor: Rebecca Jordi
Cost: $20 per person
Checks: Make checks out to Nassau County Extension and mail them to 543350 U.S. Highway #1, Callahan, FL 32011. Cash or checks can be dropped off at either Callahan or Yulee office. Both sites have letter slots in door.
Register: 904 530-6355
Registration Deadline: May 20 for $20 charge, $30 for late registration
Certification - 2 CORE CEU and 2 L & O or O&T CEU
Deadline for early bird is May 20th at 5pm. After that cost is$30 to be paid at the door.
The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDACS) requires that anyone who applies pesticides (herbicides - including RoundUp, insecticides, fungicides, etc.) as part of their business be licensed by the State of Florida. Penalties for breaking the law can be as high as $5,000 per violation!
The Limited Commercial Landscape Maintenance (LCLM) Certification allows you to:
- Apply “caution” labeled pesticides to shrub beds and sidewalks (no turf).
- Use up to a 3-gallon handheld sprayer or 5-gallon backpack for treatments.
- Apply any pesticide (insecticide, herbicide, or fungicide) to the lawn or turf.
- Apply “weed and feeds” to lawns or turf.
- Use any power sprayers or sprayers larger than 5 gallons.
To become LCLM certified you must:
- Complete 6 hours of approved continuing education units within one year prior to taking your exam (one of these classes counts).
- Pass your LCLM exam with a score of 75% or higher.
- Show proof of insurance in the amount of:
- Bodily injury: $250,000 per person and $500,000 per occurrence; and property damage $250,000 per occurrence and $500,000 in the aggregate; or combined single limit coverage of $500,000 in the aggregate.
The study manuals are not included in the cost of the workshop. Books may be ordered and shipped
directly to you from the UF/ IFAS Bookstore by calling 800-226-1764 or visiting www.ifasbooks.com.
The study manuals for the LCLM include:
- Applying Pesticides Correctly, SM 1, $20.00
- Ornamental and Turfgrass Pest Management, SM 7, $20.00
Books are not required to participate in the workshop but we strongly recommend them. Some Extension Offices may keep manuals on-hand which may be purchased. Please call your office in advance to see if manuals are in stock.
At most sites the exam will be given the day of the class.
For a sample application visit http://duval.ifas.ufl.edu/commercial_horticulture
When you come to take the exam, please bring:
- Your LCLM application filled out completely
- A check made payable to FDACS for $150.00
- Proof of insurance form from your company filled out completely with FDACS as the certificate holder
- Your CEU form signed by your class instructor (you will receive this the day of your class)
- Picture ID
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is this class required for a license?
Yes, the LCLM completes the 6 hour requirement of classroom work prior to sitting for the exam.
- Is the exam given the same day as the test?
Yes, the exam will be given the same day as the class. You must have all of your paperwork completed to sit for the exam. The exam is also given every first Wednesday of the month.
- Where do I get the application? The application can be downloaded here.
- How much is the class?
The class is $30.00 per person for those taking the entire day and includes lunch.
- How long is the class?
The class includes 6 hours of training and begins at 8:00 am and ends at 2:30 pm. Participants needing recertification begin can attend the first four hours of class, but are encouraged to take the Advanced Landscape Training Workshop instead.
- Can we take this class on-line?
No, this class is currently not offered on-line.
- Classes can be paid for with credit card, check, or cash before the class
- Credit cards have an additional processing fee added to the class amount.
- Cash can be dropped off at the office.
- Checks should be made payable to DCOHAC and should arrive prior to the class at the Extension Office
Nassau County Extension Yulee Office
86026 Pages Dairy Road
Yulee, FL 32097
Contact: Rebecca Jordi (904)530-6350 email@example.com
Duval County Extension Service
1010 N McDuff Avenue
Jacksonville, FL 32254-2083
Contact: Erin Harlow (904) 387-8850 firstname.lastname@example.org