Condiments and Other Staples
The following is a partial list of condiments and other popular staple products and their recommended shelf storage times...
- Honey, jellies and jam- 12 months
Jellies and jam should be refrigerated after opening
- Molasses- unopened, 12 months and opened, 6 months
- Mayonnaise- Several months for an unopened container. Refrigerate after opening.
- Salad dressings- 10 to 12 months for an unopened container. Refrigerate after opening. Catsup and chili sauce- unopened, 12 months and opened, 1 month. Refrigerate after opening.
- Prepared mustard- Two years for an unopened container and 6 to 8 months once the container is opened. It may be refrigerated after opening.