Fruit Garden Plant List
- Anna Apple Malus domestica 'Anna'
- Dorsett Apple Malus domestica 'Dorsett Golden'
- Baldwin Pear Pyrus communis 'Baldwin'
- Blueberry Vaccinium virgatum
- Celeste Fig Ficus carica 'Celeste'
- Flordaking Peach Prunus persica 'Flordaking'
- Hood Pear Pyrus communis 'Hood'
- Harvey Lemon Citrus limon 'Harvey'
- Mayhaw Crataegus aestivalis, C. rufula, or C. opaca
- Meyer Lemon Citrus x meyeri
- Meiwa Kumquat Fortunella crassifolia
- Muscadine Grape Vitis rotundifolia
- Navaho blackberry Rubus fruticosus 'Navaho'
- Olive Olea europaea 'Lucca'
- Orange Citrus sinensis 'Parson Brown'
- Pineapple Guava Acca sellowiana
- Pineapple Pear Pyrus communis 'Pineapple'
- Pomegranate Punica granatum 'Wonderful'
- Red Navel Orange Citrus x sinensis 'Cara Cara'
- Ruby Red Grapefruit Citrus × paradisi 'Ruby Red'
- Santa Rosa Plum Ciruelo Santa Rosa
- Satsuma Tangerine Citrus unshiu Marcovitch
- Sungold Nectarine Prunus persica nucipersica 'Sungold'
The Yulee Satellite Extension office has a Fruit Garden which is located at 86026 Pages Dairy Road. The garden features several raised beds with citrus trees such as Meyer's lemon, Satsuma, Naval orange, Meiwa kumquat and Ruby Red grapefruit. The back of the office has other fruit trees such as pear (Hood, Pineapple and Baldwin), apple (Anna and Golden Dorsett), plum, nectarine, pomegranate, guava and several varieties of rabbit-eye blueberries. We also have two varieties of muscadine grapevines and one thornless blackberry. The front flower bed has one mayhaw tree and an olive tree. The raised beds are surrounded by ornamental grasses and shrubs. The whole area attracts butterflies from spring through fall and the fruit trees provide plenty of food (insects and ) for the numerous families of bluebirds nesting in our bluebird house directly on the property. The property is completely maintained by the horticulture agent and the Master Gardener volunteers.
Horticulture Agent IV
County Extension Director